ABOUT YOUR PTA
The Sugar Mill PTA is you! We are all about creating and improving opportunities for every child to reach their full potential. We cannot do this alone and we need your help. Please get involved today, because what you do today
does make a difference.
"We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
MEET THE 2016-2017 PTA BOARD
President: Isaac Rios
Vice President: Jennifer McBride
Treasurer: Ryan Hodges
Secretary: Alicia Williams
Parliamentarian: Daniela Hammons
Teacher Representative: Riki Garcia
Principal: Lori Craig
VIPS: Khristina Maxson / Kim Bailey
Social Media: Valerie Schurr
Hospitality: Karen Dulyunan, Mary Mac Brookins & Allison Page
Homeroom Parent: Ryann Jarrard
Fundraising: Lila Doran
Directory: Lyza Lara
Box Tops: Valerie Schurr / Brooke Terrell
Talent Show: Jenny Miertschin
TEXAS PTA'S VALUES
The core values guide our decisions and actions:
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.