ABOUT YOUR PTA
The Sugar Mill PTA is you! We are all about creating and improving opportunities for every child to reach their full potential. We cannot do this alone and we need your help. Please get involved today, because what you do today
does make a difference.
"We cannot always build the future for our youth, but we can build our youth for the future."
Franklin D. Roosevelt
MEET THE 2017-2018 PTA BOARD
President: Jennifer McBride
Treasurer: Heather Martin
Secretary: Khristina Maxson
Teacher Representative: Riki Garcia
Principal: Lori Craig
VIPS: Jennifer Segee
Hospitality: Karen Dulyunan (Co Chair), Allison Page
Homeroom Parent: Ryann Jarrard
Publicity: Gabby Papenfuss
Membership: Kim Bailey, Stephanie Hebert
Fundraising: Lila Doran
Directory: Chau Le
Box Tops: Brooke Terrell
Reflections: Jessica Weldin
Talent Show: Lyza Lara, Jenny Miertschin
Bike Safety Month: Vacant
School Store: Vacant
TEXAS PTA'S VALUES
The core values guide our decisions and actions:
- Collaboration: We will work in partnership with a wide array of individuals and organizations to broaden and enhance our ability to serve and advocate for all children and families.
- Commitment: We are dedicated to children’s educational success, health, and well-being through strong family and community engagement, while remaining accountable to the principles upon which our association was founded.
- Diversity: We acknowledge the potential of everyone without regard, including but not limited to: age, culture, economic status, educational background, ethnicity, gender, geographic location, legal status, marital status, mental ability, national origin, organizational position, parental status, physical ability, political philosophy, race, religion, sexual orientation, and work experience.
- Respect: We value the individual contributions of members, employees, volunteers, and partners as we work collaboratively to achieve our association’s goals.
- Accountability: All members, employees, volunteers, and partners have a shared responsibility to align their efforts toward the achievement of our association’s strategic initiatives.